First Island Financial values your business and we thank you for choosing our firm for your real estate investments. Our business relationship requires that we know personal information about you, and we want you to be aware of our commitment to protecting the personal information you provide to us in the course of business.
Your Rights As They Pertain To Your Personal Information
- You have the right to know why we collect, use or disclose your personal information.
- You have the right to expect us to handle your information reasonably and not to use it for any other purposes than that to which you have consented.
- You have the right to know who in our firm is responsible for protecting your personal information and to expect us to protect your information from unauthorized disclosure.
- You have the right to inspect the information we hold about you to ensure that it is accurate, complete and current.
- You have the right to request the disposal of your personal information, either upon your request or when it is no longer required.
- You have the right to confidentially complain to us or the Privacy Commissioner of Canada if you feel your personal information is misused.
How We Collect and Disclose Your Personal Information
When you do business with us, you share personal information so that we may provide you with real estate investment services that best meet your needs. We assume consent for our firm to use this information in an appropriate manner. We may use and disclose this information in order to:
- Establish your identity.
- Provide ongoing service.
- Detect and prevent fraud and error.
- Comply with legal and regulatory requirements.
What We WILL NOT Do With Your Personal Information
We do not sell client information to anyone. Nor do we share client information with organizations outside of our relationship with you that could potentially contact you about their own products and services.
We Strive To Protect Your Personal Information
We have established physical and systems safeguards to protect your information. All employees, associates and supplier companies who have access to your personal information understand the need to keep your information confidential. The information is to be used for its intended purpose only.
Your Privacy Choices
You may withdraw your consent to use your personal information at any time (subject to required notice for the redemption of your investments) by contacting our Privacy Officer. Please note that withdrawing your consent will render us unable to continue offering you our real estate investment services.
Our Privacy Officer is: Darrell Morgan, B.Comm., CPA, CGA